Journey Beyond is an exciting and newly established dynamic national business focused on bringing Australia’s most iconic experiences to life. Our Marine Division includes Cruise Whitsundays, a day cruise operator in the Whitsundays region, Queensland. Cruise Whitsundays offers a variety of incredible day cruise experiences and activities - in and around the Whitsundays Islands National Park and the Great Barrier Reef – as well as providing vessel transfers between all the major islands, the airport and mainland.
Cruise Whitsundays is committed to delivering quality tourism experiences with a large fleet of modern, state of the art vessels and facilities and highly motivated staff and crew. We seek an experienced operations manager, based in Airlie Beach, to lead the business and be responsible for ensuring that all operations are safely and effectively deployed to ensure the highest quality of guest service and experience.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful applicant will:
- Lead and manage by maintaining first class standards throughout the marine operations.
- Be outcome and revenue focused without compromising on quality.
- Lead and motivate crew to deliver the company product safely and efficiently.
- Ensure compliance with GBRMPA, QPWS, Council and other regulatory bodies.
- Plan and manage the life cycle of company vessels and pontoons, including purchasing, refurbishment and replacement.
- Work collaboratively with Maintenance to coordinate, plan and execute the fleet maintenance program.
- Work with the Operations team to meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Assist in the development and adherence of budgets.
The successful candidate will have experience working in the Marine Industry (ideally in the tourism sector), technical knowledge of marine engineering and demonstrated excellence in leadership, people and project management. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven operations manager, who is commercial, analytical and has a strong bias for action.
Please apply through the link below with an updated resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications close 11 February 2018.