Procurement & Stores Manager
At Cruise Whitsundays the focus is on quality, safety and of course, having fun! With modern, state of the art vessels and facilities, rigorous staff training and customer focus, the company is setting new standards in the region.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Stores Professional to join the Cruise Whitsundays team to oversee the goods and services that are purchased by the company. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for among other things; sourcing vendors, researching contracts and ensuring prompt delivery of supplies throughout our operation.
Your primary duties within this role include:
- Management of a small team.
- Monthly stock takes and reconciliation of three stores.
- Maintain optimum stock holdings within budget limits.
- Negotiate supply contracts at best commercial rates.
- Ensure stock items and direct purchases are purchased under conditions that maximise benefits to Cruise Whitsundays.
- Monitor stock usage and costs to determine whether alternative products should be considered.
- Ensure that a high level of responsiveness exists to the requirements of operating departments.
- Research and develop a preferred supplier network.
- Ensure effective procedures are implemented and maintained to accurately verify receipt of items invoiced.
- Ensure that all purchasing is conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee importing and exporting, customs and duty free.
- Expediting purchase order numbers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently to multiple departments (written and verbal)
- A strong attention to detail - the ability to ensure no details are omitted from information.
- The ability to problem solve
- An action - orientated attitude
- Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer literacy in a variety of functions such as Excel, Word, Outlook, asset /stock management programs such as SAGE, AMPRO and MEX.
- A valid Manual Driver's licence
- A valid forklift licence (not essential)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Physically capable, as some lifting is required in the position.
- This role will suit a candidate with a flexible attitude to hours of work including weekends and evenings. Knowledge of the marine tourism industry will be highly regarded although not essential.
If you have the necessary experience and would love to be a part of Cruise Whitsundays, please submit your application, cover letter and resume below.