Shore Based Engineer / Maintenance
About the Organisation
Cruise Whitsundays is winner of QLD's best large Tourism & Transport Operator in 2014 and operates day cruises to the Great Barrier Reef, the famous Whitehaven Beach and connections to island resorts throughout the 74 islands of the Whitsundays.
At Cruise Whitsundays the focus is on quality, safety and of course, having fun! With modern, state of the art vessels and facilities, rigorous staff training and customer focus the company is setting new standards in the region.
About the Opportunity
Cruise Whitsundays seeks the service of a Diesel Engineer or Fitter & Turner with passion that thrives on delivery, reliability and availability to the Cruise Whitsundays Fleet of vessels to join our maintenance team. This is an exciting opportunity and only those limited few with the credentials to make good on the below requirements need apply.
Reporting to the GM-Fleet & Maintenance and the Maintenance Manager, the Engineer is responsible for the regular servicing and upkeep of the vessels in accordance with scheduled maintenance program. The workshop engages a day and night shift with a total of 8 tradesmen. The successful applicant needs to ensure general housekeeping is upheld, sourcing & purchasing of parts & spares in conjunction with the storeman and par stock levels are maintained.
The Engineer is to assist in the mechanical maintenance of vessels, pontoons, vehicles etc. You will also be responsible for the completion of ad hoc maintenance tasks and repairs where there are mechanical issues arising, under the guidance of the Foreman. Occasionally overtime or extra hours will be required to be worked to meet our own high level of fleet supply expectation.
The key skills required for this role include:
- Minimum of 3 years Mechanical Engineering experience in the Marine Industry
- Basic ship design and layout
- Basic ship systems
- Knowledge of local supplier and contractor industry (advantage)
- Exceptional management ability
- Exceptional time to task management
- Good Computer literacy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of WH&S legislation
The qualifications for this role include:
- Time served as diesel engineer or Fitter and Turner with extensive marine experience (mandatory)
- Relevant trade qualification and/or significant demonstrable industry experience
- MED 3 or higher (current)
- Provide First Aid (current)
- Test & Tag ticket (current)
- Forklift License (current)
- Cert IV – Workplace Health & Safety (advantage)
To submit your application for this exciting role please answer the following questions and attach a copy of your resume at the end of the application form (recommended).